Parking lights

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Parking lights

Postby CJ » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:25 pm

Anyone know if parking lights are checked for intensity? I've a set of LED based bulbs in there that emit a white light to match the HID style bulbs I'm using for the dipped beams. The problem with them is that they don't emit a whole lot of light.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parking lights

Postby Daz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:46 am

CJ wrote:Anyone know if parking lights are checked for intensity? I've a set of LED based bulbs in there that emit a white light to match the HID style bulbs I'm using for the dipped beams. The problem with them is that they don't emit a whole lot of light.

Ciaran

Nope they are not checked for intensity, as they are only parking lights all they need to be is seen clearly, and don't forget our parking lights a bigger than most cars anyway.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby Kace » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:11 pm

Where did you get them CJ. I also need a couple of sets (front pods and rear plate) to match my PIAAs
Thanks
KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:43 pm

Kace wrote:Where did you get them CJ. I also need a couple of sets (front pods and rear plate) to match my PIAAs
Thanks
KC

I got the dipped HID bulbs from a guy called Mark Emery of the SG FTOlist, u can get similar ones off powerbulbs.com. As regards the parking lights, I got them from speeding.co.uk , don't get the 'Medium Bright Led Bulb' as I did, get the 'Ultra Bright Quad Led Bulb'. Its the white ones you're after.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to NCT \ MOT